Seventy years ago the old hall was presented to the village by the USAF as they left the area post war. It served the purpose extremely well for many years. In recent years it became apparent that it couldn’t provide for the community in the twenty first century. The village has grown over the years, regulations have changed, and the community expectations have changed. The village hall was showing its age.
The new village hall was in the planning stage for several years. When it became possible to request funding from the National Lottery Fund, a small very hard working committee, began setting in motion the task of applying to the lottery commission for funding. This proved to be a rather slow, arduous task, but the committee pursued and the grant was approved in 2013.
The new village hall was officially opened on 21 November 2014 by the 12th Duke of Grafton in a ceremony when he cut the ribbon. Since opening to date 22/02/2017 the hall has hosted over 1100 events and has currently over 300 Facebook followers an amazing achievement to say the least